1. The endoskeleton is primarily made up of how many types of tissues?
Answer: b. Two
2. Which of the following cartilage is present on the end of long bones?
a. Hyaline cartilage
b. Fibrous cartilage
c. Calcified cartilage
d. Elastic cartilage
Answer: a. Hyaline cartilage
3. In which of these moulting of exoskeleton occurs from time to time during the growth period?
d. None of these
Answer: c. Ecdysis
4. The cranium consists of how many bones?
Answer: c. 8
5. How many pairs of ribs are there that articulate with the thoracic vertebrae?
Answer: b. 12
6. The shoulder or pectoral girdle is composed of:
a. Scapula and clavicle
b. Pubis, femur
c. Tibia, fibula, patella
d. Pelvis, coccyx, carpals
Answer: a. Scapula and clavicle
7. Which of the following covers over 100 different types of inflammatory diseases that damage joints?
Answer: d. Arthritis
Recommended: Animal Physiology Practice Test
8. Which of the following is NOT the enzyme of the digestive system?
Answer: c. Enterogasterone
9. Mainly secretin stimulates the production of:
c. Pancreatic juice
Answer: c. Pancreatic juice
10. Crypts of Lieberkuhn are:
a. Coiled tubular gland
b. Simple tubular gland
c. Compound gland
d. Simple alveolar gland
Answer: b. Simple tubular gland
11. Brunner’s glands are found in:
a. Submucosa of the duodenum
b. Mucosa of the intestine
d. Mucosa of the duodenum
Answer: a. Submucosa of the duodenum
12. Histamine secreting cells are found in:
a. Connective tissue
b. Nervous tissue
c. Areolar tissue
Answer: a. Connective tissue
13. Open vascular system is absent in:
Answer: d. Earthworm
14. Which of the following are amniotes?
a. Chondrichthyes, Osteichthyes, Amphibia
b. Reptilia, Aves, Amphibia
c. Amphibia, Aves, Mammals
d. Reptilia, Aves, Mammals
Answer: d. Reptilia, Aves, Mammals
15. Which of the following animals is not a tetrapod?
c. Mantis shrimp
Answer: c. Mantis shrimp
16. The spiders’ blood is blue due to the presence of:
Answer: c. Haemocyanin
17. The largest cell in the human body is:
c. Granule cell
d. None of these
Answer: b. Ovum
18. Which of the following is a diploblastic animal?
Answer: b. Hydra
19. The dental formula for adult human beings is:
Answer: c. 2123/2123
20. Major protein in the thick filaments of skeletal muscle fibre is:
Answer: d. Myosin