1. The first drug of choice in gonorrhoea is:
Answer: c. Penicillin
2. Penicillin was accidentally discovered in:
Answer: d. 1928
3. Which of the following statement are true regarding cefepime:
a. It is 4th generation Cephalosporin
b. Once day dose is sufficient
c. It has no antipseudomonal
d. It is prodrug
Answer: a. It is 4th generation Cephalosporin
4. The antimicrobial activity of penicillin is due to:
b. Betalactam ring
c. 6-aminopenicillin acid
Answer: c. 6-aminopenicillin acid
5. Cyclosporine is used for:
c. Prevention of transport rejection
d. Steroid deficiency
Answer: c. Prevention of transport rejection
6. The plasma half-life of penicillin-G is longer in the newborn because their:
a. Plasma protein level is low
b. Drug metabolizing
c. Glomerular filtration rate is low
d. Tubular transport mechanisms are not well developed
Answer: d. Tubular transport mechanisms are not well developed
7. The antibiotic with a high therapeutic index:
d. Polymyxin B
Answer: c. Cephalexin
8. Which antibiotic should be avoided in patients with liver disease:
Answer: a. Chlortetracycline
Recommended: Antibiotics Online Practice Test
9. Which of the following is not semisynthetic penicillin?
a. Procaine penicillin
Answer: a. Procaine penicillin
10. The most frequent effect of oral Ampicillin is?
a. Nausea and vomiting
b. Loose motion
Answer: b. Loose motion
11. Which of the following causes the infection that is cured by Cloxacillin?
d. All of mentioned above
Answer: a. Staphylococcus
12. Which of the following is the most potent tetracycline antibiotic?
Answer: c. Minocycline
13. Antibiotics are medicines that help stop infections caused by:
Answer: b. Bacteria
14. The word antibiotic means:
b. Against life
c. Birth giving
Answer: b. Against life
15. During which phase of growth of Penicillium chrysogenum maximum antibiotic production takes place?
Answer: b. Second
16. What infection do antibiotics treat?
a. Bacterial infections
b. Viral infection
c. Fungal infection
d. Parasitic infection
Answer: a. Bacterial infections
17. Which of the following species is used for producing tetracycline??
a. Streptomyces griseus
b. Streptomyces venezuelae
c. Streptomyces aureofaciens
d. Streptomyces griseoflavus
Answer: c. Streptomyces aureofaciens
18. What is the primary concern with the use of beta-lactams for sepsis?
a. Food poisoning
b. Aplastic anemia
c. Allergic reactions
d. Hearing impairment
Answer: c. Allergic reactions
19. Choose the correct statement about Penicillin at Acidic pH:
a. Food poisoning
b. Penicillin remains in the solvent phase
c. Penicillin remains in the aqueous phase
d. None of these
Answer: b. Penicillin remains in the solvent phase
20. Streptomycin is produced by which of the following Organisms??
a. Streptomyces noursei
b. Streptomyces nodosus
c. Streptomyces fradiae
d. Streptomyces griseus
Answer: d. Streptomyces griseus
21. Which antibiotic is the drug of choice for most odontogenic infections?
Answer: d. Penicillin
22. Multidrug resistance is most closely related to:
d. Cell chromosome
Answer: c. Plasmids
23. Which of the Following antibiotics act as folate antagonist against gram-positive and gram-negative organisms?
Answer: b. Trimethoprim
24. Which of the Following antibiotics acts to inhibit bacterial protein and DNA synthesis?
Answer: a. Tetracycline