1. Which hormone is known as the emergency hormone in our body?
Answer: a. Adrenaline
2. Which one of the following hormones is not involved in sugar metabolism?
Answer: c. Aldosterone
3. Which of the following is not a second messenger in hormone action?
Answer: a. Sodium
4. Which of the following pairs of organs includes only the endocrine glands?
a. Thymus and testes
b. Adrenal and ovary
c. Parathyroid and Adrenal
d. Pancreas and parathyroid
Answer: c. Parathyroid and Adrenal
5. The blood calcium level is lowered by the deficiency of…?
a. Both calcitonin and parathormone
Answer: c. Parathormone
6. Which of the following hormone is secreted by adrenal glands?
Answer: a. Adrenaline
7. In which of the following organs is gastrin produced?
a. Mucosa of pyloric region of stomach
c. Ripening follicles
Answer: a. Mucosa of pyloric region of the stomach
8. Which of the following is now being commercially produced by biotechnological procedures?
Answer: c. Insulin
Recommended: Chemical Coordination and Integration Practice Test
9. Which of the following is not a steroidal hormone?
Answer: b. Insulin
10. Which hormone is responsible for the secretion of milk after parturition?
Answer: d. Prolactin
11. Which hormone causes glycogenolysis and gluconeogenesis?
Answer: d. Glucagon
12. Which of the following is not a derivative of cholesterol?
a. Vitamin D
b. Vitamin B
c. Bile Salts
Answer: b. Vitamin B
13. How does the GnRH from the hypothalamus reaches the anterior pituitary?
a. Through Nuclei
b. Through Axon
c. Through Blood vessel
d. Thorough Lymph vessel
Answer: c. Through Blood vessel
14. Which of the following causes the development of secondary characteristics for males?
Answer: d. Testosterone
15. Which of the following hormone controls the concentration of urine?
d. Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
Answer: d. Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
16. Damage in the thymus in childhood may result in…?
a. Loss of cell-mediated immunity
b. Reduction in the amount of plasma hormone
c. Loss of antibody-mediated immunity
d. Reduction in stem cell production
Answer: a. Loss of cell-mediated immunity
17. Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH) acts on the adrenal cortex to release…?
d. All of these
Answer: a. Cortisol
18. What element deficiency causes thyroid enlargement?
Answer: b. Iodine
19. Which hormone controls the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus?
a. Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)
c. Parathyroid and Thyroid
Answer: c. Parathyroid and Thyroid
20. What is the disease caused by the damage of the adrenal cortex?
c. Addison’s Disease
d. Cortex Disease
Answer: c. Addison’s Disease
21. Which of the following hormone speeds up the growth in adolescence?
Answer: d. Somatotrophin
22. Glucagon hormone is secreted by which of the following?
c. Beta cells of islets of Langerhans
d. Alpha cells of islets of Langerhans
Answer: d. Alpha cells of islets of Langerhans
23. What is the name of the hormone released from adipose cells that is able to control the appetite level?
Answer: c. Leptin
24. Which of the following hormone plays a major role in social bonding, reproduction, childbirth, and the period after childbirth?
Answer: c. Oxytocin
25. What is the chemical nature of hormones secreted by α and β cells of the pancreas?
Answer: d. Polypeptide