1. Who coined the term chromosomes for the first time in 1888?
Answer: c. Waldeyer
2. Who was the first person to observe the chromosomes in 1848?
c. Robert Hooke
Answer: b. Hofmeister
3. Terminal end of the chromosome is called:
Answer: c. Telomere
4. Which of the following provides the foundation for the assembly of the kinetochore?
Answer: c. Centromere
5. Chromosome having centromere in middle is:
c. Sub Metacentric
Answer: b. Metacentric
6. The process of pairing and ordering all the chromosomes of an organism is:
d. Pedigree chart
Answer: c. Karyotype
7. Number of autosomes present in humans…?
a. 22 pairs
b. 23 pairs
c. 43 pairs
d. 11 pairs
Answer: a. 22
8. 23rd pair of chromosomes in man is known as:
c. Linked genes
Answer: b. Heterosomes
9. Chromosomes with complement 2n-1 is called:
Answer: c. Monosomy
10. Person who discovered the Y chromosome was:
a. Nettie Stevens
Answer: a. Nettie Stevens
Recommended: Chromosomes Online Practice Test
11. Satellite DNA is present on:
Answer: d. Chromosomes
12. Nucleosomes are:
a. Subunit of chromatin
b. Unit of chromosomes
c. Unit of proteins
d. Unit of RNA
Answer: a. Subunit of chromatin
13. Core of the nucleosome is made up of how many histones?
Answer: b. Eight
14. What is the number of chromosomes in plasmodium?
Answer: a. 14
15. Polytene chromosomes were first discovered in:
b. Fruit fly
Answer: a. Chironomous
16. In males the gene that can give you red-green color blindness is located in:
b. Both X and Y chromosomes
d. X or Y chromosome
Answer: a. X-chromosome
17. Who proposed the chromosome theory of inheritance?
a. Robert Hooke
b. Sutton and Boveri
c. Friedrich Miescher
d. Frederick and Griffith
Answer: b. Sutton and Boveri
18. Which of the following is a sex-linked disease?
d. Red-green color blindness
Answer: d. Red-green color blindness
19. Choose the correct statement about the ends of the chromosome?
a. The ends of the chromosome are called Satellites
b. The ends of the chromosome are called Centromeres
c. A endsome is the end of a chromosome
d. A telomere is the end of a chromosome
Answer: d. A telomere is the end of a chromosome
20. There are how many sex chromosomes present in a human being?
a. 23 pair
b. 1 pair
c. 46 pair
d. 22 pair
Answer: b. 1 pair
21. A fully expressed allele is known as…?
a. Heterozygous allele
b. Recessive allele
c. Dominant allele
d. Prominent allele
Answer: c. Dominant allele
22. Each chromosome during the anaphase stage in a bone marrow cell in our body has:
a. No chromatids
b. Several chromatids
c. One chromatid
d. Two chromatids
Answer: c. One chromatid
23. Which of the following causes most genetic disorders?
a. The gender of an individual
b. The gross chromosomal abnormalities
d. All of these
Answer: c. Mutation
24. At the time of cell division inside the nucleus the thread-like structures are known as…?
Answer: d. Chromosomes
25. Chromatin is a complex of macromolecules composed of…?
b. DNA, RNA, and protein
d. Cell and proteins
Answer: b. DNA, RNA, and protein
26. Which of the following species comprises more than 200 chromosomes?
c. The red viscacha rat
Answer: b. Amoeba