1. Which of the following cells secrete enamel of tooth?
Answer: a. Ameloblast
2. What is secreted by parietal cells (oxyntic cells) of the stomach?
Answer: c. HCl
3. What are the movements called that move food through the digestive tract?
Answer: b. Peristalsis
4. What is the opening of the windpipe or trachea called?
Answer: d. Glottis
5. Which of the following glands are located below the tongue?
a. Submaxillary glands
b. Sublingual glands
c. Parotid glands
Answer: b. Sublingual glands
6. Which of the following is a function of the gall bladder?
b. Bile storage
c. Synthesis of plasma protein
d. Storage of fat-soluble vitamins
Answer: b. Bile storage
7. What is secreted by the intestinal glands of Crypts of Lieberkuhn?
b. Success entericus
Answer: b. Success entericus
8. What substrate does amylase act on?
d. Sugar cane
Answer: a. Starch
Recommended: Digestion and Absorption Practice Test
9. The Invertase is an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of:
a. Glucose into sucrose and zymase
b. Sucrose into glucose and fructose
c. Starch to maltose
d. Starch into sucrose
Answer: b. Sucrose into glucose and fructose
10. About what percentage of amino acids is absorbed in the small intestine?
c. Only 10%
Answer: a. 90-95%
11. Canine teeth are present in rabbits because it is…?
Answer: a. Herbivorous
12. What is the main function of the large intestine in humans?
a. Extraction of Alcohol
b. Absorption of water and salts
c. Storage of waste matter only
d. Absorption of fats
Answer: b. Absorption of water and salts
13. What is the space between the gums and the lips called?
d. Sulcus terminalis
Answer: c. Vestibule
14. The small intestine consists of three parts, the first part is known as…?
Answer: b. Duodenum
15. Which of the following is a characteristic feature of epithelial cells of the intestine?
Answer: c. Microvilli
16. A dental disease characterized by mottling of teeth is due to the excess of a certain chemical. Do you know the name of that chemical?
Answer: c. Fluorine
17. What is the deficiency disease caused by protein?
c. Addison’s disease
Answer: b. Kwashiorkor
18. Chymosin is one of the main enzymes responsible for coagulation; it is also known as…?
Answer: b. Rennin
19. Where in human lacteals are found in?
Answer: d. Ileum
20. Which vitamin deficiency can cause nyctalopia?
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin D
c. Vitamin K
d. Vitamin B12
Answer: a. Vitamin A
21. Which of the following hormone stimulates the stomach to secrete gastric juice?
Answer: b. Gastrin
22. The enzyme enterokinase helps in the conversion of…?
a. Proteins into polypeptide
b. Trypsinogen into trypsin
c. Pepsinogen into pepsin
d. Lactose to Sucrose
Answer: b. Trypsinogen into trypsin
23. What is the enzyme produced in the small intestine that breaks down lactose?
Answer: d. Lactase
24. Where does most of the digestive process take place?
a. Small intestine
b. Large intestine
d. All of these
Answer: a. Small intestine
25. What is the best way to maintain intestinal health?
a. Eat a high-fibre diet
b. Eat a high-fat diet
c. Eat foods high in refined sugars
d. Eat processed foods only
Answer: a. Eat a high-fibre diet