1. The behavior activities that occur at regular intervals in living things are known as:
Answer: b. Biorhythms
2. How many elements of the nervous system are there which help in coordination?
Answer: c. Four
3. The controlling center of the autonomic nervous system is…?
b. Spinal cord
Answer: a. Hypothalamus
4. A bipolar neuron or bipolar cell has how many dendrites and axons?
a. 2 dendrites 1 axon
b. 2 axons and 1 dendrite
c. 1 dendrite and 1 axon
d. 2 axons 2 dendrites
Answer: c. 1 dendrite and 1 axon
5. What happens during the conduction of nerve impulses?
a. Na+ moves into axoplasm
b. Na+ moves out of axoplasm
c. K+ moves into axoplasm
d. Ca2+ moves into axoplasm
Answer: a. Na+ moves into axoplasm
6. What is the value of the action potential of a nerve cell?
a. -60 mv
b. -80 mv
c. +70 mv
d. +20 mv
Answer: d. +20 mv
7. Which of the following ions are required during the conduction of the nerve impulse?
a. K+ and Na+
b. Ca2+, K+
d. Na+ , Ca2+
Answer: a. K+ and Na+
8. How many times does pain receptors are more than cold receptors?
a. 20 times
b. 25 times
c. 27 times
d. 30 times
Answer: c. 27 times
Recommended: Neural Control and Coordination Practice Test
9. Which of the following cells plays a vital role in the nutrition of neurons?
c. Reflex arc
d. Myelin sheath
Answer: b. Neuroglia
10. How many functional types of neurons are there?
Answer: a. Three
11. What is the normal speed of nerve impulses in humans?
a. 120 m/s
b. 150 m/s
c. 100 m/s
d. 1000 m/s
Answer: c. 100 m/s
12. The menstrual cycle is controlled by which region of the brain?
Answer: b. Hypothalamus
13. Transitions between sleep and wakefulness and pattern of breathing is controlled by:
Answer: a. Pons
14. How many pairs of nerves arise from the brain in humans?
a. 31 pairs
b. 12 pairs
c. 13 pairs
d. 15 pairs
Answer: b. 12 pairs
15. Which of the following is NOT a function of Neuroglial cells?
a. Protect neurons
b. Regulate interstitial fluid
c. Act as phagocytes
d. Communicate signals to target cells
Answer: d. Communicate signals to target cells
16. Which one of the following acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter?
c. Gamma-linolenic acid
d. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
Answer: d. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
17. How many laminae are present in the grey matter of the spinal cord?
Answer: b. Ten
18. The thalamus and the hypothalamus are located in which region of the brain?
b. Brain stem
Answer: c. Diencephalon
19. Which one of the following is the function of the parasympathetic nervous system?
a. Constriction of Pupils
b. Acceleration of heartbeat
c. Dilates Bronchioles
d. Sweat secretion
Answer: a. Constriction of Pupils
20. The gap in the myelin sheath on the axon of certain neurons is known as…?
c. Nodes of Ranvier
Answer: c. Nodes of Ranvier
21. What neurotransmitter is released at the neuromuscular junction?
Answer: a. Acetylcholine
22. The area on the left hemisphere associated with speech production and articulation is:
a. Broca’s area
b. Occipital lobe
c. Cortex area
d. None of these
Answer: a. Broca’s area
23. Which system regulates the functions of smooth muscles and cardiac muscles?
a. Central nervous system
b. Autonomic Nervous System
c. Sympathetic nervous system
d. Parasympathetic nervous system
Answer: b. Autonomic Nervous System
24. What is another name for Neurilemma cells?
b. Schwann Cells
Answer: b. Schwann Cells
25. The space between the axon terminal of the presynaptic neuron and the membrane of the postsynaptic cell is known as:
a. Synaptic cleft
c. Nodes of Ranvier
Answer: a. Synaptic cleft