1. Coelomate unsegmented organisms are present in:
Answer: a. Mollusca
2. Head, foot and visceral mass is the diagnostic character of:
Answer: c. Mollusc
3. Internal shell is present in:
Answer: b. Sepia
4. Which Larva is present only in members of gastropods?
d. Muller’s larva
Answer: b. Veliger
5. Osphradium is to test the purity of water is present in:
c. House fly
Answer: a. Pila
6. Which of the following is the respiratory organ in a freshwater mussel?
a. Book lungs
c. Pulmonary sacs
d. Respiratory siphons
Answer: b. Gills
7. Sepia is commonly known as:
Answer: d. Cuttlefish
8. Oldest known living fossil is:
Answer: c. Neopilina
9. Devilfish is the common name of:
Answer: b. Octopus
10. Most advanced mollusks belong to which of the following class?
Answer: a. Cephalopoda
Recommended: Phylum Mollusca Online Practice Test
11. The phylum Mollusca is divided into how many classes?
a. 7 or 8
Answer: a. 7 or 8
12. How many classes of the mollusk are extinct?
Answer: c. 2
13. Which of the following does NOT belong to the phylum Mollusca?
Answer: d. Decapoda
14. Which is the largest known invertebrate?
c. Colossal squid
Answer: c. Colossal squid
15. Which of the following class belongs to an octopus?
d. None of these
Answer: b. Cephalopoda
16. Which of the following statement is true about Mytilus?
a. Mytilus belongs to class Echinodermata
b. Mytilus belongs to class Pelecypoda
c. Mytilus belongs to class Amphineura
d. Mytilus belongs to class Arthropoda
Answer: b. Mytilus belongs to class Pelecypoda
17. Which of the following statement is correct about Unio?
a. Unio has a two-chambered heart
b. Unio has a one-chambered heart
c. Unio has no heart
d. Unio has a three-chambered heart
Answer: d. Unio has a three-chambered heart
18. Most mollusks are…?
a. Marine Habitats
b. Freshwater Habitats
c. Terrestrial Habitats
d. All of these
Answer: a. Marine Habitats
19. Which of the following class does NOT belong to the phylum Mollusca?
Answer: d. Trematoda
20. Which of the following is the largest invertebrate?
Answer: c. Architeuthis
21. What is the most developed group of mollusks?
d. All of these
Answer: a. Cephalopods
22. Which of the following is called the Pearl Mother Layer?
Answer: a. Nacre
23. Pearls are also obtained in commercial quantities from which of the following species?
Answer: b. Pinctada