1. Offsets are produced by…?
a. Meiotic division
b. Mitotic division
Answer: b. Mitotic division
2. In ginger, vegetative propagation occurs through the:
Answer: c. Rhizome
3. Which of the following is correctly matched?
Answer: a. Onion-bulb
4. The eyes of a potato is an example of…?
a. Root buds
b. Flower buds
c. Shoot buds
d. Axillary buds
Answer: d. Axillary buds
5. During regeneration, modification of an organ to another organ is known as:
d. Accretionary growth
Answer: c. Morphallaxis
6. The phenomenon of developing of female gamete into an embryo without fertilization is known as:
Answer: a. Parthenogenesis
7. Which of the following flowers only once in its lifetime?
a. Bamboo species
Answer: a. Bamboo species
8. Which of the following generates a new genetic combination leading to variation?
a. Vegetative reproduction
c. Sexual reproduction
d. Nucellar polyembryony
Answer: c. Sexual reproduction
Recommended: Reproduction in Organisms Practice Test
9. Meiosis takes place in…?
Answer: c. Meiocyte
10. Which of the following is monoecious?
d. Date palm
Answer: c. Pinus
11. The estrous cycle is a characteristic of:
a. Human female-only
b. Mammalian females other than primates
c. Human males only
d. Mammalian male other than primate
Answer: b. Mammalian females other than primates
12. The sexual reproduction is absent in…?
Answer: b. Nostoc
13. Which of the following statement is correct about Parthenogenesis?
a. Formation of embryo without fertilization
b. Development of fruit without fertilization
c. Development of fruit without pollination
d. Formation of egg without fertilization
Answer: d. Formation of egg without fertilization
14. There is no natural death in a unicellular organism like Amoeba and bacteria because…?
a. They are microscopic.
b. They reproduce by binary fission
c. They cannot reproduce asexually
d. The parental body is distributed among the offspring
Answer: d. The parental body is distributed among the offspring
15. Which of the following statement is correct about Callus?
a. Tissues that grow to form an embryoid
b. Undifferentiated mass of tissue
c. A tissue that grows from an embryo
d. Plant hormones
Answer: b. Undifferentiated mass of tissue
16. The appearance of vegetative propagules from the nodes of plants such as ginger and sugarcane is mainly because of:
a. Nodes are shorter than internodes
b. Nodes are located near the soil
c. Nodes have non-photosynthetic cells
d. Nodes have meristematic cells
Answer: d. Nodes have meristematic cells
17. During which of the following process cyst is formed?
a. Multiple fission
b. Binary fission
Answer: c. Sporulation
18. Which of the following organisms have diploid body organization?
a. Monera and Fungi
b. Algae and Bryophytes
c. Pteridophytes and Angiosperms
d. None of these
Answer: c. Pteridophytes and Angiosperms
19. How many chromosomes are present in apple gametes?
Answer: a. 17
20. What is the most remarkable characteristic of Planaria?
a. Regenerate lost parts
b. Survive without air
c. Generate bioluminescence
Answer: a. Regenerate lost parts
21. The fusion of 2 dissimilar gametes is known as…?
Answer: b. Allogamy
22. The cell or tissue which are extracted from a particular body and then placed in a nutrient medium for growth is known as:
d. None of these
Answer: c. Explant
23. Which one of the following is not a method of vegetative propagation?
Answer: c. Sowing
24. Which of the following refers to the process of asexual reproduction by multiplication of genetically identical copies of a cultivar?
b. Binary fission
c. Auto Propagation
d. Clonal Propagation
Answer: d. Clonal Propagation
25. The development of shoot and root in tissue culture is determined by…?
b. Cytokinin and auxin ratio
Answer: b. Cytokinin and auxin ratio