1. The most important component of oral contraceptive pills is…?
b. Growth hormone
d. Luteinizing hormone
Answer: a. Progesterone
2. The action of the vaginal diaphragm is:
a. To prevent the ova to come in the uterus
b. Prevent the sperm to come in contact with ova
Answer: b. Prevent the sperm to come in contact with ova
3. Which is not a method of contraception?
a. Pills having Oxytocin and vasopressin
b. Lippes loop
Answer: a. Pills having Oxytocin and vasopressin
4. Which of the following is induced abortion?
Answer: c. MTP
5. If a man is having very low sperm count, which of the following will be suitable for fertilization?
a. Intrauterine transfer
b. Gamete intrafallopian transfer
c. Artificial insemination
d. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
Answer: d. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
6. Embryo with more than 16 blastomeres formed due to invitro fertilization is transferred into:
c. Fallopian tube
Answer: b. Uterus
7. The average length of human gestation is usually about:
a. 300 days
b. 280 days
c. 270 days
d. 250 days
Answer: b. 280 days
Recommended: Reproductive Health Practice Test
8. Which part of the human body is affected by Gonorrhoea?
a. Urogenital tract
c. Eye bones
Answer: a. Urogenital tract
9. Which of the following starts degenerating if fertilization does not take place?
a. Uterus wall
b. Corpus luteum
d. Follicle cells
Answer: b. Corpus luteum
10. The events in the menstrual cycle are controlled by:
a. Cortex hormones
b. Adrenal glands
Answer: d. Gonadotropins
11. The twins with the different genetic combinations are known as:
a. Identical twins
b. Fraternal twins
c. Both identical and fraternal
d. None of these
Answer: b. Fraternal twins
12. Which term is used if an egg develops into an individual without being fertilized?
Answer: b. Parthenogenesis
13. Which artificial reproductive techniques can help a lady conceive if both her fallopian tubes are blocked?
Answer: c. IVF
14. Which of the following is a hormone-releasing IUD?
a. LNG 20
d. Multiload 475
Answer: a. LNG 20
15. Which of the following is not a characteristic of an ideal contraceptive?
b. Easily available
d. Least side effects
Answer: a. Irreversible
16. What is the full form of MTP in biology?
a. Medical Termination of Pregnancy
b. Medical Termination of Parturition
c. Mechanical Transfer of Pollen
d. Maternally Transmitted Pathogens
Answer: a. Medical Termination of Pregnancy
17. Amniocentesis is a procedure used to:
a. Grow cells on culture media
b. Know about brain disease
c. Determine mutations
d. Determine a disease of the embryo
Answer: d. Determine a disease of the embryo
18. After tubectomy which part of the female reproductive system remains blocked?
b. Uterine cavity
d. Fallopian tube
Answer: d. Fallopian tube
19. The test-tube Baby program employs which one of the following techniques?
a. Intra cytoplasmic sperm injection(ICSI)
b. Gamete intrafallopian transfer(GIFT)
c. Intrauterine insemination(IUI)
d. Zygote intra fallopian transfer(ZIFT)
Answer: d. Zygote intra fallopian transfer(ZIFT)
20. Which of the following technique is used to detect AIDS?
a. Western blot and ELISA
b. Northern blot and ELISA
c. Immunoblot and ELISA
d. Southern blot and ELISA
Answer: a. Western blot and ELISA