1. Which disease is caused by a virus?
b. Whooping cough
d. Tania pedis
Answer: c. Polio
2. Choose the correct statement about virion:
a. Lytic phage
b. Lysogenic phage
c. The viral Capsid
d. An infectious and fully formed viral particle
Answer: d. An infectious and fully formed viral particle
3. Which is the genome of the virus?
c. DNA or RNA
d. DNA and RNA
Answer: c. DNA or RNA
4. What is the largest virus and most complex virus?
a. Mega virus Chilensis
b. Arbo virus
c. Herpes virus
d. Mumps virus
Answer: a. Mega virus Chilensis
5. The branch which deals with the study of viruses is known as:
Answer: a. Virology
6. Which of the following are the most recently discovered and least understood micro-organisms:
Answer: d. prions
7. Which of the following is a helical virus?
b. T4 phage
c. Pox virus
d. Herpes virus
Answer: a. TMV
8. Which of the following statement is true about viruses?
b. Obligate parasites
c. All viruses are facultative parasites
d. All incorrect
Answer: b. Obligate parasites
Recommended: Viruses Online Practice Test
9. Which of the following is the sub-unit of protein of Capsid?
Answer: a. Capsomeres
10. The geometry of TMV is:
b. Oval shaped
c. Cuboidal shape
d. Spherical shape
Answer: a. Rod-shaped
11. Viruses that attack bacteria are known as…?
d. None of the above
Answer: c. Bacteriophage
12. Another name for T2 phage is:
a. ss DNA Phage
b. ss RNA phage
c. ds DNA phage
d. ds RNA phage
Answer: c. ds DNA phage
13. Which virus has the smallest genome?
a. Rabies virus
c. Herpes virus
d. Mimi virus
Answer: b. Circovirus
14. Infectious RNA particles without the protein coat are known as…?
Answer: c. Viroid
15. The phage which causes Lysogeny is called:
c. Lytic cycles
d. Virulent phage
Answer: b. temperate
16. What do viruses require for growth?
d. Living cells
Answer: d. Living cells
17. Choose the correct statement about the tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)?
a. RNA virus
b. ss DNA or ds DNA
c. DNA virus
Answer: a. RNA virus
18. Viral genome inserted and integrated into the circular bacterial DNA is termed as:
b. Virulent phage
c. Lytic cycle
Answer: d. Prophage
19. Which of the following is the best disinfectant for viruses?
c. Hydrogen peroxide
d. All of these
Answer: d. All of these
20. When a virus enters a cell but does not replicate immediately this situation is known as:
Answer: a. Lysogeny
21. What is a virus composed of?
a. Protein coat and nucleic acid
b. Nucleic acid and cell membrane
c. Protein coat and mitochondria
d. Nucleic acid, cell wall and cell membrane
Answer: a. Protein coat and nucleic acid
22. The protein coat of viruses that enclose the genetic material is known as…?
Answer: c. Capsid
23. Choose the correct statement about the capsomeres:
a. It is a viral protein for replication
b. It is a unit of nucleic acid in viruses
c. It is an individual unit of the capsid
d. All of these
Answer: c. It is an individual unit of the capsid
24. Choose the correct statement about the peplomeres:
a. It is a spike-like projection on the capsids
b. It is an individual unit of capsids
c. It is a projection on the viral membrane
d. It is a spike-like projection on the enveloped viruses
Answer: d. It is a spike-like projection on the enveloped viruses
25. Bacteriophages that induce bacterial cell lysis are known as…?
a. Lysogenic phages
c. Virulent phages
d. Temperate phages
Answer: c. Virulent phages