1. Which of the following function is related to potassium movements?
a. Chlorophyll synthesis
b. Protein synthesis
c. Cementing synthesis
d. Opening and closing of stomata
Answer: d. Opening and closing of stomata
2. Which of the following has calcium as an essential mineral?
a. Primary walls
b. Middle lamella
c. Secondary wall
Answer: b. Middle lamella
3. Chlorosis results from the deficiency of…?
Answer: a. Magnesium
4. Which of the following is caused by the deficiency of potassium in plants?
a. Stunted growth of roots
c. Premature death of plant
d. Lack of chlorophyll
Answer: c. Premature death of plant
5. Nutrition in which organisms obtain their food from dead and decaying organisms is known as…?
a. Parasitic nutrition
b. Saprophytic nutrition
c. Symbiotic nutrition
d. None of these
Answer: b. Saprophytic nutrition
6. In which form the minerals are absorbed in plants?
Answer: b. Ions
7. Which of the following is used in the active absorption of minerals salts?
b. ion exchange
c. Phosphorylation of elements
d. Donnan equilibrium
Answer: a. Carriers
8. Passive absorption of mineral salts is NOT dependent on which of the following?
c. Donnan equilibrium
d. Ion exchange
Answer: b. Osmosis
Recommended: Mineral Nutrition Practice Test
9. Which of the following is not a feature of carriers used in active mineral absorption?
a. Electron transport
b. Contractile protein
c. Protein lecithin
d. Ascending water stream
Answer: d. Ascending water stream
10. Downward passage of mineral from the upper soil layer to lower soil strata is known as…?
Answer: b. Leaching
11. Soil nitrate is more likely to leech than ammonium due to its…?
a. Small size
b. Negative charge
c. Being useless
Answer: b. Negative charge
12. What is the largest reservoir of nitrogen for plants?
Answer: c. Air
13. Major contribution of phosphorus is in the formation of…?
a. Cell membrane
b. Cell wall
Answer: a. Cell membrane
14. Magnesium is required for…?
a. DNA replication
b. RNA synthesis
c. Stomatal movement
d. Synthesis of chlorophyll
Answer: d. Synthesis of chlorophyll
15. Which of the following nutrients is incorrectly associated with its function in a plant?
a. Calcium-formation of cell walls
b. Iron component of chlorophyll
c. Magnesium-constituent of chlorophyll
d. Potassium-Important in osmotic regulations
Answer: b. Iron component of chlorophyll
16. Who presented the theory of essential mineral nutrients in plants in 1939?
a. Arnon and Stout
b. Carl Linnaeus
d. Leonhart Fuchs
Answer: a. Arnon and Stout
17. The process of growth of plants by suspending their roots in a nutrient solution is known as…?
Answer: a. Aeroponics
18. Which of the following mineral deficiency causes the dark green coloration of the leaves?
Answer: d. Phosphorus
19. Which one of the following is a magnesium deficiency syndrome in plants?
a. Elongated stem
b. Chlorosis in young leaves
c. Chlorosis in older leaves
d. Spindly and woody stem
Answer: c. Chlorosis in older leaves
20. Which of the following mineral activates the enzymes of respiration and photosynthesis and is involved in the synthesis of DNA and RNA?
a. Sulphur and iron
b. Nitrogen and phosphorus
c. Magnesium and manganese
d. Potassium and calcium
Answer: c. Magnesium and manganese
21. What is the function of leghemoglobin in the root nodules of legumes?
a. Inhibition of nitrogenase activity
b. Energy removal
c. Nodule differentiation
d. Oxygen removal
Answer: d. Oxygen removal
22. Phosphorus is a structural element in…?
Answer: d. Nucleotide
23. Which one of the following is an example of a nitrogen-fixing organism?
Answer: b. Rhizobium
24. Which one of the following is the most abundant element found in plants?
Answer: b. Carbon
25. What are the important elements for ATP formation?
b. Mg, O
c. N, Cu
d. N, P
Answer: d. N, P
- Carbohydrates MCQs
- Structural Organization in Animals MCQs
- Transport in Plants MCQs
- Reproduction in Organisms MCQs
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation MCQ
- Plant Growth and Development MCQ
- Neural Control and Coordination MCQ
- Digestion and Absorption MCQs
- Organism and Population MCQs
- Respiration in Plants MCQs