1. Amniocentesis is a process to determine…?
a. Any disease of the heart
b. Any disease related to liver
c. Any hereditary disease of the embryo
d. Anxiety disorders
Answer: c. Any hereditary disease of the embryo
2. Each couple should produce only two children which will help in…?
a. Checking population
b. Stabilizing the ecosystem
c. Fertility of soil
d. Improving food-web
Answer: b. Stabilizing the ecosystem
3. Which of the following is the most important component of oral contraceptive pills?
b. Growth hormone
d. Luteinizing hormone
Answer: a. Progesterone
4. How the density of a population can be calculated?
a. D = space/number
b. D = number/Space
c. D = Size/weight
d. None of these
Answer: b. D = number/Space
5. The percentage ratio of natality over mortality is known as…?
a. Growth rate
b. Survival Index
c. Population density
d. Vital index
Answer: d. Vital index
6. What is the present population of the world as of 2022?
a. 500 million
b. 100 million
c. 8 billion
d. 30 billion
Answer: c. 8 billion
7. How the contraceptive oral pills help in birth control?
a. Killing sperms
b. Form barrier between sperms and ova
c. Preventing ovulation
d. Killing ova
Answer: c. Preventing ovulation
8. Which factor controls the human population density?
d. Natural resources
Answer: d. Natural resources
Recommended: Organism and Population Practice Test
9. Which of the following is not a controlling factor of population density?
a. Psychological factor
b. Geographical factor
c. Demographic factor
d. Socioeconomic factor
Answer: a. Psychological factor
10. The statistical study of human population growth and prediction of future development is known as…?
Answer: c. Demography
11. How do you know when a population reaches its carrying capacity?
a. Mortality rate = birth rate
b. Mortality rate > Birth rate
c. Mortality rate < Birth rate
d. None of these
Answer: a. Mortality rate = birth rate
12. Rapid decline in the population due to high mortality rate is known as…?
a. Population density
b. Population crash
c. Population explosion
d. All of these
Answer: b. Population crash
13. Which forest plants control the light conditions at the ground?
a. Lianas and climbers
c. Tall trees
Answer: c. Tall trees
14. Which of the following would decrease the density of a population in a habitat?
a. Natality > mortality
b. Immigration >emigration
c. Mortality and emigration
d. Natality and immigration
Answer: c. Mortality and emigration
15. If a protozoan reproduces by binary fission then what will be the number of protozoans in its population after six generations?
Answer: c. 64
16. Lichens are an association of…?
a. Bacteria and fungus
b. Alga and bacterium
c. Fungus and alga
d. Fungus and virus
Answer: c. Fungus and alga
17. A group or association of populations of two or more different species occupying the same geographical area at the same time is known as…?
Answer: d. Community
18. What is an organism that lives in or on another organism that benefits at the other organism’s expense?
Answer: d. Parasite
19. A population with an equal number of births and deaths will show…?
a. Initial growth
b. Plateau phase
c. Acceleration Phase
d. Exponential growth phase
Answer: b. Plateau phase
20. Which dispersion pattern is a result of resources not being evenly spread out in the environment?
a. Uniform dispersion
b. Clumped dispersion
c. Consistent dispersion
d. Random dispersion
Answer: b. Clumped dispersion
21. What is the term for a group of different species living and interacting together within an environment or habitat?
a. Biotic community
d. Bio group
Answer: a. Biotic community
22. Which term is used for animals that are adapted to live in a desert?
Answer: a. Xerocoles
23. Unrestricted growth of populations, which will result in the maximum growth of that population is known as…?
a. Nutritive potential
b. Biotic Potential
Answer: b. Biotic Potential
24. What does niche density mean in population?
a. The abundance of a population of species outside its community
b. The abundance of a population of species within its community
c. A New emerging population of species in a new habitat
d. The physical space where an organism lives
Answer: b. The abundance of a population of species within its community
25. An interaction in which one species is harmed whereas the other is unaffected is known as…?
Answer: d. Amensalism