1. The vocal folds also known as vocal cords, are located at:
d. Bronchial tube
Answer: c. Larynx
2. Which of the following is a common passage in swallowing food and breathing?
Answer: d. Pharynx
3. A leaf-shaped flap in the throat that prevents food and water from entering the windpipe and the lungs; is known as…?
Answer: c. Epiglottis
4. Which of the following is the accessory organ of respiration in frogs?
Answer: c. Skin
5. Lungs have a large number of alveoli for…?
a. Having spongy texture and roper shape
b. More surface area for diffusion of gases
c. More space increasing volume of inspired air
d. More nerves supply
Answer: b. More surface area for diffusion of gases
6. Oxygen dissociation curve of hemoglobin is…?
Answer: a. Sigmoid
7. Rate of respiration is directly affected by…?
a. Concentration of carbon dioxide
b. Oxygen in trachea
c. Concentration of oxygen
d. Diaphragm expansion
Answer: a. Concentration of carbon dioxide
8. One hemoglobin carries how many molecules of O2?
Answer: a. 4
Recommended: Breathing and Exchange of Gases Practice Test
9. Which one of the following is not a respiratory pigment?
Answer: a. Hemozoin
10. Lungs in addition to respiratory function also help in…?
b. Temperature regulation
c. PH regulation
d. Maintaining the balance of body
Answer: c. PH regulation
11. Which of the following animal have no particular organ for respiration but they respire?
Answer: b. Earthworm
12. Intercoastal muscles occur within the…?
Answer: d. Ribs
13. Carbon dioxide is transported from tissue to respiratory surface by only…?
a. Plasma and erythrocytes
d. Erythrocytes and leukocytes
Answer: a. Plasma and erythrocytes
14. The exchange of gases in the alveoli of the lungs takes place by…?
a. Simple diffusion
b. Active transport
d. Passive transport
Answer: a. Simple diffusion
15. Which of the following tissues in the human body is most affected due to the deficiency of oxygen?
a. Long bones
b. Hyaline cartilage
c. Visceral muscles
d. Cardiac muscles
Answer: d. Cardiac muscles
16. What type of respiration occurs in mature mammalian erythrocytes?
Answer: d. Anaerobic
17. Where does gaseous exchange occur in birds?
b. Air sacs
d. Sacco Bronchi
Answer: b. Air sacs
18. Where are the conchae (also known as turbinates) located?
b. Nasal Chambers
Answer: b. Nasal Chambers
19. The complete ring of cartilage that surrounds the trachea is known as…?
c. Cricoid cartilage
d. Arytenoid cartilage
Answer: c. Cricoid cartilage
20. What is the estimated number of alveoli in human lungs?
a. 1000 million
b. 100 million
c. 500 million
d. 50 billion
Answer: c. 500 million